Information for You and Your Guests
IPFW is proud to welcome your family and friends to Commencement. Encourage your guests to visit the Family & Guests tab of this site to find information on parking and directions, accessibility, and maps.
International degree candidates may request official letters of invitation for their families.
We recommend you discuss the following with your guests:
- parking is $5
- the ceremony is not ticketed and there is no limit on the number of guests
- traffic around the Coliseum will be gridlocked in the half hour preceding the 4 p.m. start of the ceremony
- access to the arena begins at 3 p.m.
- guests are to proceed to the audience seating area
- the student assembly area will become very crowded so guests may not join students in this area
We advise you to prearrange:
- a personal guest to hold your valuables during the ceremony
- a location to meet your guests in comfort inside the Graduation Celebration in Expo II & III of the Coliseum (guest tables are numbered 1 - 100) to avoid extreme crowding in the rotunda and hallways following the ceremony - this also allows you and your guests to enjoy complimentary punch, hors d'oeuvres, and a cash bar