Diplomas are prepared in the Office of the Registrar, Kettler 107, under the supervision of Laura Oberholzter, 260-481-6122. Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org from your myIPFW account to diploma-related inquiries.
How do I get my diploma?
- December and summer graduates will be notified via their myIPFW email account (approximately 10-12 weeks following the end of classes) that diplomas are available for pick up in the Office of the Registrar, Kettler 107.
- May graduates who participate in Commencement will receive their diploma immediately following Commencement at the Graduation Celebration in Expo II & III of the Coliseum.
- Diplomas for May graduates who do not attend Commencement will be available in the Office of the Registrar, KT 107, beginning the Monday after Commencement (May 15).
- A photo ID will be required.
Can my diploma be mailed?
- If you live outside Allen County, you may request in writing that your diploma be mailed to you.
- Diplomas are sent via UPS "signature required upon delivery" therefore post office boxes are disallowed.
- Provide a written and signed request to have your diploma mailed. In your letter, include your full name, student I.D. number, a daytime phone number, and note the specific degree awarded as well as the semester in which your degree was granted. Show the complete street address to which your diploma should be sent, along with your original verifiable signature.
Can someone else pick up my diploma?
- Yes, if you live outside Allen County, someone else may pick up your diploma for you. The diploma notification email includes an option in which you may check and sign to allow a designated individual to pick up your diploma. The designated individual, showing photo ID, may pick up the diploma after the signed release has been received in the Office of the Registrar.
How will my name appear on my diploma?
- Your name (first, middle/maiden, and last) as provided upon admission to the university will appear on your diploma and in the Commencement program copy. You will receive a candidate email at your myIPFW email account from the Office of the Registrar showing your name as it will appear. May graduates receive their email in February.
- If you wish to verify how your name will appear, email Laura Oberholtzer at email@example.com from your myIPFW account, including your student I.D. number and degree information.
- You may also check your name and degree information at the Graduation Fair.
- Changes to your name must be done in person in the Office of the Registrar in Kettler 107. A photo ID and supporting documents (e.g. original marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) are required.
- Diplomas for May graduates will be ordered by March 17 so all name changes must be completed before that date.
Call the Office of the Registrar, 260–481–6122, for questions concerning diplomas, or email Laura Oberholtzer.