Over 57,000 degrees have been awarded by Indiana University—Purdue University Fort Wayne since it opened at its current location in 1964. Approximately 69% of those graduates have remained in Indiana to help build a strong workforce and economic base.
We count among our ranks an astronaut, soap opera star, zoo director, police chiefs, television chef, state Supreme Court judge, hockey team owners, and many other unique professionals.
Our power remains with those alumni who stay connected to their Alma Mater. Many of our alumni return as guest lecturers, offer jobs during our career fairs, lobby the state legislature for more university state dollars, review curricula, and serve IPFW with their time, talent, and treasure.
Thank you to the thousands of IPFW graduates who have joined the alumni association. Your dues support alumni programming and scholarships, allowing us to continue to serve you in areas of continuing education and career growth.
Our mission is to meet the needs and serve our diverse alumni wherever they are. It is also our goal to promote the IPFW brand, advocate for our alumni population, communicate our plans and goals in a timely manner, and connect to community, campus, and large alumni audience.
Four Strategic Plan Priorities for the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations
- Integrated, comprehensive annual giving plan
- This will be accomplished through research, a stewardship plan, and IPFW leadership appeal
- Integrated alumni relations model
- This will be accomplished by creating an independent IPFW Alumni Association, increasing alumni giving, and boost support of alumni owned businesses
- Sustainable development program that yields $10M annually
- This will be accomplished through planned giving (Weitzman Society) and the creation of new endowments and scholarships
- Strategic marketing initiatives
- This will be accomplished through market research, a university marketing plan, and website modernization
The mission of the Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Advancement Division is to promote, advocate, communicate, and connect the university through stakeholder engagement and support.
What is University Advancement?
IPFW's Advancement division is a liaison between the University and its many public audiences, partners and stakeholders. Its mission is to promote, advocate, communicate and connect the University through stakeholder engagement and support.
The division includes Advancement Services, Alumni Relations, Marketing Communications, College TV and Development. This team provides strategic leadership and planning for the University. Responsibilities include managing and expanding the University’s contributions as well as developing new sources of income from alumni, corporations, foundations and events to meet the University’s private funding goals.