Professor Burt taught fine arts at IPFW from 1976 until 1981. He was born on February 5, 1922 and died on December 2, 1981. He was a ceramicist who had studied at the Fort Wayne Art Institute, the Cranbrook Academy of Art, the Cape Cod School of Art and the Langors Commerical Art School. To develop the ceramics program at the Fort Wayne Art Institute, he built much of the school's equipment by hand. Corporations such as L.S. Ayres, Lincoln National Life Insurance, General Motors and General Telephone all gave him commissions. His works are collected by the Detroit Institute of Art, the Toledo Museum of Art and the Everson Art Museum.
Sources: Article: Intercom (January 1982), p.1; Senate Reference no. 81-1.