College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science

For requirements about how to earn a minor in physics please refer the IPFW Bulletin. To be officially awarded a minor in physics a form must be filled and approved by the Department of Physics prior to graduation. This form is available at the Department of Engineering.

If you take PHYS 322 (Optics) and PHYS 342 (Modern Physics), which are accepted as technical electives in most of the engineering programs, then you will earn a minor in physics. 

Students planning to earn a minor in physics are advised to fill a preliminary form and take it to the Department of Physics to make sure that the courses listed qualify for this minor.