For on-campus math tutoring, see the resources listed in your course syllabus.
- Visit the Math MALL (Kettler G38) for free help with calculus and higher math classes and statistics, including tutoring and faculty common office hours.
- Visit Kettler G19 for pre-calculus tutoring.
- Visit the Kettler 116 lab room for MA 124.
- Check with your instructor about their office hours, or find faculty holding Common Office Hours in the tutoring labs.
- One-on-one free tutoring at CASA (Kettler G21): walk-in and scheduled options through CASA's Tutoring Center.
- Contact the Math Test Center about more options for tutoring.
- The Mathematical Sciences department secretary may also have information on private tutors.
The MALL (Math Assistance Learning Lab)
Located in Kettler G38
Fall 2016 Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Thursday. 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Friday.
- Unlimited walk-in tutoring for calculus and above math classes (starting second week of classes Fall and Spring semesters)
- Staffed with student tutors and with faculty who are spending office hours in KT G38.
- Fall 2016 Faculty Common Office Hours in the MALL, Kettler G38
- The MALL may also be used for small study groups, or as a place for doing math homework. Seven computers are available for online homework, or you may bring your own laptop/tablet. Tutors and faculty can assist you with WebAssign or MyMathLab.
- The online MALL contains instructional videos for MA 153, MA 165, and STAT 125. These are accessed by going to the Department of Mathematics website, clicking on the MALL tab, then the instructional videos tab. You will need to enter your IPFW username and password to view the videos.
Check with your course syllabus and textbook for online tutoring resources. Tutorials are available on computers in the on-campus student-access computing facilities for these courses:
- Elementary Algebra MA 109 using the Hall/Mercer text
- Intermediate Algebra MA 113 using the Hall/Mercer text
- College Algebra and Trigonometry MA 153 using the Connally text.
- College Algebra and Trigonometry MA 154 using the Connally text.
- Precalculus MA 159 using the Connally text.
To make your time effective, bring your text, paper, pencil, and your graphing calculator