Online RN to BS with a Major in Nursing
The baccalaureate degree (B.S.) graduate is prepared at the professional level to function in a leadership role with other team members in varied and complex healthcare settings. The education and experience of the registered nurse (RN) are valued at IPFW.
IPFW Nursing Outcomes
Competence in Provision of Care, Role Development, and as Designer, Manager and Coordinator of Care:
- Formulate nursing practice decisions using critical thinking skills and evolving knowledge from nursing science, the biological and behavioral sciences, and the arts and humanities.
- Partner with individuals, families, communities and interprofessional health care teams to design and provide safe, evidence based patient-centered care.
- Use evolving information technology to monitor and improve health care.
- Employ effective communication skills in professional practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fiscal dimensions in designing, managing and coordinating high quality and cost-effective patient-centered care.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health outcomes through the application of theory and evidence-based practice.
- Participate in the revision of health care policies and practice within a rapidly changing global environment.