The IPFW Department of Nursing offers the following opportunities leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with a major in Nursing:
The baccalaureate program prepares graduates to attain the following outcomes:
- Validate professionalism through awareness, assertiveness, accountability, and advocacy.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in the delivery of patient-centered care in complex healthcare environments.
- Formulate nursing practice decisions using critical thinking skills and evolving knowledge from nursing science, the biological and behavioral sciences, and the arts and humanities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health outcomes through the application of theory and evidence-based practice.
- Employ effective communication skills in partnering with individuals, families, communities and inter-professional health care teams to design and provide safe, evidence based patient-centered care.
- Leverage technology to synthesize information and knowledge from data to improve health care.
Prospective students please review our programs. If you wish to meet with a nursing advisor, please call 260-481-5782 to schedule an appointment.
One Dupont Circle, NW Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 887-6791