Acceptance into the Dental Laboratory Technology Program is based on the following:
First-priority consideration for program admission will be given to students who have completed all 6 hours of pre-dental laboratory technology curriculum at IPFW or at other Purdue University or Indiana University campuses. Students who complete some of their prerequisite courses at IPFW, Indiana University, or Purdue University and other colleges/universities will be considered second for entrance into the program. Students who complete all their prerequisite courses at other colleges/universities that are not IPFW, Indiana University, or Purdue University courses will be considered third for entrance into the program.
The second priority consideration for admission into the Dental Laboratory Technology Program is based on number of preferred admission courses successfully completed (with a "C-" or better).
The third priority consideration for admission into the Dental Laboratory Technology Program is based on their prerequisite GPA. A minimum GPA does not guarantee admission. The actual GPA necessary for admission varies with the GPA distribution of the applicant pool. Should a tie in applicants’ prerequisite GPA's occur, rank ordering will be based upon the applicants’ cumulative GPA.
Applicants accepted to the program will be required to attend our program orientation in July with the exact date to be determined.
· Applicants must return the acceptance form by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter.
· Demonstrate meeting the College of Health and Human Services Technical Standards.
· a recent physical examination (the summer before the program begins)
· a recent TB testing (the summer before the program begins)
· received the three Hepatitis B immunizations (before the program begins) and a Hepatitis B titer (blood test). The Hepatitis B vaccination series with the toter blood test is a process that takes 7-8 months to complete. The Hepatitis B lab titer (anti-HBs blood test), which proves your immunity must be received by October 1, 2016. The titer results should be Positive (to indicate positive immunity to HBV), not Negative. If the titer results are Negative, it will be necessary to repeat the vaccination series and titer test. (refer to your healthcare providor for more information.)
· submitted proof of payment for their Purdue Professional Liability Insurance coverage. Purdue professional liability insurance is not valid unless it has been paid.
· complete a criminal background check. Students will receive online instructions at orientation.
· Applicants who have served in the military must submit military papers in order to receive credit for courses taken.
· Students in the professional dental programs must pass a drug screening test, if requested.
Applicants can be considered an alternate if they: 1) are still taking prerequisite courses in the summer, and/or 2) apply after the May 15 application deadline.
Reapplying. Students who have not been accepted, but who are qualified, may reapply for admission. Students who decline admission two times will no longer be considered.
Repeat Attempts. A student may make two graded attempts at a prerequisite course, with the most recent grade calculated in the prerequisite GPA. The student’s two attempts will include any graded attempt, whether or not eliminated from the student’s GPA by grade replacement.
Academic Renewal. Students who are returning to IPFW after five years or more are eligible for the Academic Renewal Option. The Academic Renewal Option must be exercised during a student’s first semester back at IPFW, regardless of when the student applies for admission to the Dental Laboratory Technology Program.
In addition to the Dental Laboratory Technology classes, students must also complete the following (these courses may be taken prior to entering the program):
BUS W100 3 Credit Hours
One of the following: STAT 12500, MA 15300 or MA 14900
For further information and/or application, please contact:
Department of Dental Education
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499